Friday 7 August 2015

Singapore Polytechnic Sign Language Club (SPSLC) Family

Singapore Polytechnic have so many CCAs available for the freshies to sign up for such as vocal talents, SDZ, CSCC, Library club etc. At first, I was interested in joining Vocal Talents as singing is my favorite hobby and I was a choir girl in secondary school :)

I went straight to their booth and signed up for the auditions. Since I was afraid, I asked my friend to audition with me and we both went for it. Singing in front of the 3 'judges' was terrifying as I was being judged for my singing ability. I didn't sang well so I got eliminated in the end. With no CCA in mind, I went to search for any interesting CCAs online. After being rejected for my singing ability, I searched for clubs instead since I am not a sporty person.

Library club and Sign language club stood out to me. However, SPSLC was my choice. My mother convinced me into signing up for it as sign language is great skill to learn! I'm glad that I didn't make the wrong choice. SPSLC is the type of club that I wanted to belong to. The beautiful language, the warm hearted people, acts of community service and involvement with the deaf makes my life in polytechnic worthwhile.

Being in this CCA really sculpted me into someone that I never imagine myself as. In the past, I was just a quiet girl and I liked staying at home with just a few close friends. Right now, I became more confident, a servant leader and more outspoken. I gained many close friends which is now an important aspect of my life.

Committing myself to SPSLC and contributing to this club as the main committee is the best decision I've made. Being an instructor teaching sign language to my juniors is also a great experience. Song signing performances are the most tedious and yet beautiful art where signs, emotions, synchro, choreography and bonding takes place. Strong bonds, strong ties. All the tears and blood that we shared while training ourselves under our mentors to become the future leaders of SPSLC is worth it. Even though we just stepped up, we hope to carry this club and light the passion in our next batch of future leaders!

"Wings" Song Signing Perfomance @ Sign for SG50
Song Signing Performance @ Siemens
Staycation
Last Committee Photo @ AGM

No comments:

Post a Comment